Rachel Corrie Memorial
Rafah has lost a treasure, and Rachel will be assigned to sparkle among history.
Mohammed abu Asaker
Rachel Corrie Foundation | 203 East Fourth Ave., Suite 402 | Olympia | WA | 98501| 360 454-3998
Corrie's Case For Justice
by Tom Wright and Therese Saliba
Killed to Suppress Palestinian Perspectives?
"My Name Is Rachel Corrie" opens in Haifa
An Arabic-language production
of My Name is Rachel Corrie, a play based on the writings of a young
American woman killed by an Israeli bulldozer, premiered in Haifa, Israel on
Talking with Rachel Corrie's Mom and Dad
The Tyee article February
Stop Cat Coalition Day of Action: April
23, 2004 Peoria IL
The Mission District in San Francisco has a new mural featuring Rachel. See article.
U.S. State Department mentions Rachel in a report condemning Israel and Palestine on human rights.
Answers from Israel - Cynthia Corrie
One Year Later, Justice Still Not Served: Remembering the Death of Rachel Corrie
by Elizabeth Corrie
The 2003 COHRE Housing Rights Defender Award The Centre on Housing Rights and Evictions (COHRE) announced the presentation of the Housing Rights Defender Award in Rachel's memory. The award presentation to our family will be Monday, February 16, 6-8 PM, at the Evergreen State College.--Cindy Corrie
Dr. Samir's House Destroyed by
Destroyed in Rafah once Protected by Rachel
BBC documentary proves Israeli army murdered Rachel Corrie The BBC film, When Killing is Easy was produced by John Sweeney. Archived story here.
"Rachel Corrie" Mike Stout, has written a song in tributeto the conviction and courage ofRachel Corrie. Paul Carosi, Station Manager of Radio Free Pittsburgh and Radio Free Tunes, writes: I'm going to promote the "Rachel Corrie" song on other internet music sites in hopes that it will raise awareness about herbelief in peace and humanity, along with her unjust death. Maybe we can make the world aware of the bulldozing of homes that she tried to stop.
- Standing Tall - The parents of slain West Bank activist Rachel Corrie keep her spirit alive Hartford Advocate Nov 29, 2003
- International Day of Solidarity With Palestine Webcast from November 29, 2003 International Day of Solidarity With Palestine event in Vancouver, with parents of Rachel Corrie.
- Olympia conference remembers Rachel Corrie and Rafah - Candio, The Electronic Intifada, 7 November 2003
- Rachel Corrie Award For Courage In The Teaching Of Writing
- Michael Moore dedicates book to Rachel 11/16/03 Booknotes.org interview
- Clarence Jordan Humanitarian Award at Koinonia Farms Rachel honored posthumously in Americus, GA
- Rachel Corrie comes home to all of us Sissy Bowen, News Editor for the Americus Times-Recorder 11/16/03
- ISU-Caterpillar tie protested Rachel Corries' Aunt living in Iowa City, Iowa provided this news story.
- Protesters at Iowa State U. criticize company's sale of equipment to Israel Cheryl Brodersen, aunt of Rachel Corrie
- Silencing Rachel Corrie speech given by Elizabeth Corrie, Rachel Corrie's cousin, at a forum in Atlanta held on September 22.
- "She Wanted to Do Right" Patrick O'Neill, Independent Weekly 12/03/03
- Min Rachel, en av alla ddade -
- Silenced Witnesses Independent UK article on the non-response of Israel
- Film on Corrie in the Works 10/23/03 The Olympian
- Families seek truth over Israeli deaths Families seek truth over Israeli deaths Guardian UK 10/20/2003
- Cindy and Craig Corrie Speak in Olympia concerning the home demolition in Rafah and their recent trip there. 10/14/03 .mp3 recorded at Percival Landing by Jesse Foster.
- The Death of a Town The Guardian 10/27/03
- Standing with a city under siege. Rally protests attack on village where Olympia activist died. 10/14/03 [Archived]
- The Meaning of Rachel Corrie ...Of Dignity and Solidarity - by Edward Said
- Corries in Israel to press for probe into daughter's death Sep30, 2003 The Olympian
- Parents of Rachel Corrie in Palestine / IsraelPress Release Sep 29, 2003
- Press Conference Transcript
- Cindy Corrie, mother of American International Solidarity Movement activist Rachel Corrie, pauses at the end of a news conference in Gaza City Thursday Sept. 18, 2003. Rachel Corrie was killed when an Israeli Army bulldozer crushed her during an operation in March of this year. (AP Photo/Kevin Frayer)
- Rachel Corrie Banner Project
also click here [See section below]
- From the Corrie family to Rafah - On the 40 day memorial of Rachel's death
- Rachel's 24th Birthday Party!
- Tribute to Rachel Corrie Friday 4/25 in Portland OR
- Investigate the Tragic Death of Rachel Corrie at the Hands of the Israeli Army Petition to President Bush and Secretary of State Powell
- Campaign to Help Bring Justice
- What Can You Do To Help
- US lone vote against human rights resolution on the occupied Arab territories see also UN Press Release
- Arden Buck's article [ed. Don't get discouraged in seeking justice for Rachel and others. Read to get re-energized.]
- Israeli report clears troops over US death 4/14/03
- ISM Rejects Israeli Investigation into Death of US Peace Activist
Rachel Corrie, 23, was killed on 16 March when she was run over by an Israeli bulldozer #949-623. Rachel was trying to stop the bulldozer from demolishing the home of a Palestinian physician in the Gaza Strip.
Craig and Cynthia Corrie
Statement Read at Peace Rallies This speech was written by the family of Rachel Corrie and read on Saturday, April 12, 2003 at numerous peace rallies around the world.
is the cantata inspired by Rachel-and includes some of her words. "The
Singer of Wind and Rain" is five Palestinian poems set for mixed choir and
composed by Gregory Youtz whose father Byron (now deceased)
taught at Evergreen. Concert patrons include Noam Chomsky, Harold Pinter, Ilan
Pappe, John Pilger, Avi Shlaim, Susannah York, Julie Christie, and Uri Fruchtman.
For more information go to
Craig, Sarah, Kelly, and I will be at the
premiere in London.
Connecticut San Francisco
Continuing Reports from Rafah
Rafah Lives: A Journal of Resistance in Daily Life - ISM
Links to 'Rachel Websites'
Rebuilding Hope a film by Tamer
Support Sanity Rachel's cousin suggested this link. Cindy Corrie was wearing one of the lapel pins and many people were interested in knowing where she got it.
For Peace - Rachel Corrie Chapter 109
lopsided American foreign policy may seem to be in Israels interest, but
it actually works to the detriment of the Israeli people.
Continued militarization of Israeli society increases the
exposure of Israeli women and children to violence in their daily lives, and
has helped lead the country to economic crisis.
At the same time, this unbalanced US foreign policy has
devastated the Palestinians. Americans
of conscience must work to balance that policy in favor of a peaceful
solution. It is not
discriminatory that Americans working for a just peace focus their attention
on Israels occupation and take concrete steps to end it, like divesting
from companies profiting from Israels occupation. -- Jewish Voice for
Peace, Dec 9, 2004
Where is the world? Is it
dead? exclaimed the bereaved mother in Rafah on Al-Jazeera. Before
her, lied the lifeless body of her little child. from Why
Cards and condolences to the family can be mailed to:
Rachel Corrie and Family
PO Box 12149
Olympia, WA 98508
An email is available for condolences: email@example.com
Monetary donations and such can go to:
http://www.thecommunityfoundation.com/ http://www.rachelcorriefoundation.org http://www.evergreen.edu/give/rachelcorrie.htm
Videotapes of the three-hour memorial service held recently at Evergreen are being sold for $10.00, with $5 going to a charitable memorial fund in Rachel's memory. http://www.evergreen.edu/media/live/